Letter from the Principal
August 2, 2018
Dear North Chicago Community High School Parents and Students:
We welcome you and your student back to school for the 2018-2019 school year! A new school year is always exciting and filled with the promise of student learning and growth.
It is with great honor and enthusiasm that I introduce myself as the new principal of NCCHS. For almost twenty years, I have been committed to the success of all students in various roles: high school teacher, elementary and high school principal, and, district leader. The majority of my experience has been in Chicago Public Schools. During the past two months, I have been made to feel most welcome here and I thank you and the community for the opportunity to serve the high school students in North Chicago.
We have a highly qualified faculty and staff who are committed to serve the academic and social-emotional needs of our students. All of us are here to help provide a safe and caring environment for every student who is part of our school community.
We do have high expectations for each student. We do expect students to attend school regularly, to put forth their best efforts in each class, and to respect the rights of each individual in our school community.
We are excited to welcome approximately 200 freshmen as well as over a dozen new staff members to NCCHS serving in various roles. With so many new faces in the building, here are a few updates:
1. Please make sure your student is fully registered before the first day of school on Thursday, August 16.
2. School opens for breakfast at 7:45 a.m. Please note that there is no entry or adult supervision for students before that time.
3. Students are dismissed at 3:35 p.m.
4. Returning students will have to re-register their Chromebooks with one2onerisk.com and pay the fee.
5. New students will have to register their Chromebook with one2onerisk.com and pay the fee.
6. PowerSchool is the best way to stay current on what is happening in your student’s classes with both attendance and grades. You will receive a login and password from our Guidance Office.
7. Please do not hesitate to reach out to any staff member or administrator with questions, comments or concerns. We welcome your input!
On behalf of everyone at NCCHS, I want to thank you for your commitment to your student’s success and I look forward to seeing you at various events throughout the 2018-2019 school year!
Lilith Werner, PhD